Feet@TheClinic offers a professional service dedicated to the care of your feet and is run by Rebekah Henning a Foot Health Professional (FHP) who has gone through specialist training at The SMAE Institute based in Maidenhead. I am fully trained and qualified in both the theoretical and practical aspects of foot health and care to enable me to assess the condition of your feet and treat as appropriate, referring you if necessary. I provide routine foot care and maintenance for your feet using the latest procedures and techniques to ensure that you receive the best possible treatment.
I ensure that my knowledge and skills are up to date by undertaking continual professional development and I am also a Member of the British Association of Foot Health Professionals (MAFHP) and a Member of the College of Foot Health Professionals (MCFHP).
Services I provide include:
- Routine assessment and foot care for high risk and diabetic patients
- Routine toe nail cutting and filing
- Treatment of ingrown, curved and painful nails
- Thickened nail management
- Verruca treatment
- Fungal nail treatment and management
- Removal of painful corns
- Hard, dry skin and callus removal
- Treatment of cracked heels (fissures)
- Athletes foot infection treatment and advice
- Dressing and padding if required
- Advice on maintaining your foot care between appointments
The safety, hygiene and confidentiality of my patients are of utmost importance to me. Great emphasis is placed on clinical cleanliness. Guidelines set out by the British Association of Foot Health Professionals are strictly followed. Before treatment commences feet are cleansed with antiseptic, with aseptic work techniques used during treatment and all work surfaces and couch cleansed between each patient. All instruments are cleaned and disinfected in an ultrasonic bath then sterilized in an autoclave. The instruments then remain sterile in a vacuum sealed pouch until they are opened during treatment so there can be no risk of cross infection or contamination.